In an emergency, every second counts. Learn to identify and understand life-threatening conditions with the resources below. If you or a loved one is dealing with a time-sensitive medical condition in the Dallas area, visit the Highland Park Emergency Center, where you can find expert emergency room care 24 hours a day with no wait. Call us at (214) 396-4550 for more information.
- Did you know that you’re not supposed to remove a helmet if you suspect someone has a serious head injury? The New York Times offers even more great first aid tips and instruction for those affected by head injuries in this resource.
- Learn how brain damage can affect different functions through this brain map provided by the Brain Injury Resource Center.
- According to this resource from The American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the estimated head injuries treated in U.S. emergency rooms in 2009 for cycling accidents was 85,389. This site provides other patient information and statistics regarding sports-related head injuries.
- Did you know there are three different types of flu shots available? Learn more about flu shots in this article by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Check out this resource from The Mayo Clinic, which offers information about how long cold and flu germs can survive outside the body.
If you have any questions about our services, either give us a call at the phone number above or stop by to visit our 24 hour emergency room facility.